Yea P-day!!! This week has been crazy. Me and Sister Tryon get along
great and hopefully will stay great friends after the mission. Our
only struggle is I'm not exactly a huge fan of the rules and sister
Tryon could talk about how much she loves them for hours and hours
(can you tell she went to BYU yet?)
great and hopefully will stay great friends after the mission. Our
only struggle is I'm not exactly a huge fan of the rules and sister
Tryon could talk about how much she loves them for hours and hours
(can you tell she went to BYU yet?)
I still get kinda homesick and
really can't help, but think about all the fun things that I wanna do
when I get home. You will never appreciate movies and entertainment
until all you have to do for fun during your down time is watch Mormon
messages on a loop. Right now we are teaching a guy named Arthur and
he is great. He's an older black man who told us last lesson that if
God tells him the Book of Mormon is true he'll get baptized. We are
hoping to be able to set a date with him tonight. We are also teaching
a recent convert( baptized last October) and we are preparing her to
go through the temple and have her be sealed to her family. I'm so
excited for her I wish we could go to the temple with her.
when I get home. You will never appreciate movies and entertainment
until all you have to do for fun during your down time is watch Mormon
messages on a loop. Right now we are teaching a guy named Arthur and
he is great. He's an older black man who told us last lesson that if
God tells him the Book of Mormon is true he'll get baptized. We are
hoping to be able to set a date with him tonight. We are also teaching
a recent convert( baptized last October) and we are preparing her to
go through the temple and have her be sealed to her family. I'm so
excited for her I wish we could go to the temple with her.
This week we also got to have a movie night where we invite our investigators,
new converts, and members so they can have a good time and get to know
each other outside of a church setting. We had lots of fun.
new converts, and members so they can have a good time and get to know
each other outside of a church setting. We had lots of fun.
So far it's been wicked hot here and so humid you're basically swimming. The
first thing we do before we leave the house is put on 100 spf
sunscreen and deet 100 bug spray and some how I still end up with bug
bites and sunburns. Also the bugs here are giant! Like grasshoppers
are as big as my whole hand and spiders are a serious fright. The cool
thing though is there are also lots of reptiles. I've caught a lot of
lizards and a snake (not poison) but no gators yet :/ today some
members are taking us to St. Augustine and taking us to the tourist
spots. It should be lots of fun.
Love Sister Kilpack
first thing we do before we leave the house is put on 100 spf
sunscreen and deet 100 bug spray and some how I still end up with bug
bites and sunburns. Also the bugs here are giant! Like grasshoppers
are as big as my whole hand and spiders are a serious fright. The cool
thing though is there are also lots of reptiles. I've caught a lot of
lizards and a snake (not poison) but no gators yet :/ today some
members are taking us to St. Augustine and taking us to the tourist
spots. It should be lots of fun.
Love Sister Kilpack
What it looks like here. Beware Spanish moss!
Giant grasshopper
Writing notes to help an investigator who has anxiety
My first Sunday program
Sister Tryon had a bad day! She got cuts on her arms from weeding a pineapple plant (they be razor sharp), a dirty shirt and somehow cut her forehead.
Face Masks!
No comments:
Post a Comment